Friday, April 1, 2011

Freak Show Rough

The target Audience for my poster is school age children, ages 6-12.

My intent for this poster is to create an image for the Freak Show that portrays intrigue and encourages curiosity and acceptance.  I want to show that although it can seem scary, it presents a great opportunity for learning how to view things in a different light.  I chose April Greiman because I liked her use of photography and text.  Her images can be bright and a bit more playful, which might translate to the target audience well.

I combined words to make the slogan, "Wonderwhimsical Curioddities". 


I made 10 roughs but the one I'm using is a combination of 3 of the roughs.  I scanned in the roughs layered on top of each other so try to look past the clutter.



I like her use of text in these designs.
 Here are some examples of April Greiman's work that I used for inspiration.
I like the clean design, shapes, and use of text in this design.





3 comments:

  1. Excellent job
    DESIGNER: April Grieman
    GRID: Modular
    TARGET AUDIENCE: kids
    CONCEPT: Less freaky and more education
    SLOGAN wonders, whimsy, exotic, curosities, fantastical, magical
    Think of it like Dr Seuss
    Supercala fredjalistic
    3/28 fun lighter
    wonderwhimsical curiodditties
    your roughs were simple and yet understandable. Thanks for the hard work and the mixing up of your roughs will make for a cohesive design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you in class.
    GREAT PICTURES WHERE IS YOUR ADVERTISEMENT, R
    ANGELA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how well you laid out your "intent" for this project.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete